Laboratory Services available
We provide the following services:
- Micron & CV basic test (OFDA100 or OFDA2000)
- Washing Yield which includes CFW%
- Staple Length & Strength test
- Micron Profile (OFDA2000)
- Medullated fibre distribution (OFDA100)
- Resistance to Compression test
- Feltball test
- Wax & Suint Extraction test
- Various Indexes (Economic, Merinotech and AMS)
- CSV files, Histograms, Specialised sorted reports etc.
Because we have a larger variety of tools for fibre measurement we have been fortunate to measure some exotic fibres for the CSIRO. The most unique fibre we have measured was Polar Bear fleece provided by the CSIRO to look at fibre distribution in relation to body warmth with relation to global warming. We were told these animals were tranquillised to get the sample and satellite tagged to monitor where they travel the Arctic in a reduced habitat. We also have experience in unique presentation of results, so we have been the GOTO people for this work.
Client requests with work for Field Days and Royal shows has enabled us to provide output options with results including laminated Histograms, Histogram labels, Index labels and specialised sorted reports. Let us know your requirements.
It is important to be aware that we are not an offshoot of another business, but concentrate only on fibre measurement.
- Merino sheep
- Corriedale, SAMM and Dohne sheep
- Alpaca, Llama and Vicuna
- Mohair and Cashmere
- Angora Rabbit (finest fibre 9um)
- Polar Bear